Foire aux questions

Are you interested in studying in Australia? The most frequently asked questions about the student visa in Australia have been answered by Manon Qualified Education Agent Counsellor at Manoztralia. Get a cup of coffee or tea and take the time to read the Q&A.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail by clicking here:

Our advice and services are completely free.

The Australian student visa, also known as the "Subclass 500", is a document granted by the Australian Department of Home Affairs, which will allow you to study and work in Australia for a limited period.

It is a temporary visa.

If you don't like reading, you can watch our explanatory video:

The application for a student visa consists of 4 steps. We will assist you with each step:

  • GET YOUR COE: Find the school and courses you would like to attend and apply.
  • BOOK YOUR OSHC: This is compulsory health insurance for international students.
  • WRITE YOUR GTE: With a cover letter, prove to the government that you are a serious student.
  • APPLY FOR YOUR VISA: Fill in the online application on your “IMMI ACCOUNT.
  • Your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)
  • Your Certificate of Insurance (OSHC)
  • Your Genuine Temporary Entrant letter. (GTE)
  • A copy of your valid passport
  • A copy of your highest degree (not necessary for ELICOS)
  • Proof of your English language skills

There are 3 different areas of study in Australia:

  • ELICOS: This includes all types of English courses. (General English, IELTS, EAP, Cambridge preparation, Business English...)

Click here if you want to test your English level get a quote.

  • Vocational Education Training course (VET): VET is an Australian vocational training course, which is intended to be of short duration. It will prepare you for the business world and start a professional career. You can get different qualifications such as certificate, diploma or advanced diploma

These courses are extremely affordable in terms of price and adaptable in terms of duration and content. It is possible to take a package (certificate + diploma + advanced diploma) to obtain a longer visa.

Admissions are frequent and regular.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate!.

  • Higher education: The Bachelors and Masters degrees are internationally recognised. You can also take them to Australia. These degrees are in high demand as they allow you to get a 2 year Post Graduate Visa at the end of your studies (provided you have studied for a minimum of 92 weeks). Universities offer 2 admissions periods per year: February and July.

According to the Ministry of the Interior, the processing time may vary, depending on the sector of study.

75% of applications are processed in 29 days:

90% of applications are processed in 42 days for higher education.

75% of applications are processed in 43 days :

90% of applications are processed in 77 days for vocational education.

Officially, there is no minimum duration, but we strongly recommend a minimum of 12 weeks of study.

In theory, there is no time limit, the aim is to be able to present a coherent project in your GTE.

With a student visa, you can work 40 hours every 2 weeks. You can decide for yourself how many hours you want to work during these two weeks.

During the school holidays, you can work FULL TIME.

Yes, there are school holidays. The school sets them; you will receive your timetable once you have registered.

You can leave and return to Australia as often as you like. You must, however, follow your school's timetable (school holidays) and the government's advice on legal travel.

You can apply for a student visa in Australia at any age, there are no special requirements except for students under 18.

Depending on your nationality, the Home Office may ask you to prove your financial resources.

You can check your eligibility by clicking on this link.

The GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) is a mandatory document. It is a cover letter written by you that will allow you to prove to the Australian government your motivation to study in Australia and your professional goals when you return to your home country.

We will help you write the GTE.

The OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) is a compulsory insurance that you must take out. You will need to provide proof of this when you apply for your student visa. This insurance must cover you from the beginning to the end of your studies:

  • Schooling + 1 month (if your studies are less than 10 months)
  • Schooling + 2 months (if your studies are longer than 10 months)

For more information, you can read this article.

Yes, you can declare your partner on your student visa in Australia but you will need to prove that your relationship has lasted for more than 12 months with photos, common bank statements, bills in both names... Your relationship must be authenticated.

Your partner can only work for a maximum of 40 hours in 14 days during your student visa (even when you are on school holidays).

However, if you are studying for a Master's degree, your partner can work full time.

Bachelors and Masters degrees are recognized internationally. Whereas a VET Certificate or Diploma is a qualification recognized only in Australia. If you want to study in Australia and you don't quite understand the difference, contact us!

Yes, a student visa can be granted after any other visa, provided that you are recognised as a genuine student.
The application for a student visa can be made from outside or inside Australia.

Yes, you can extend your student visa, but you will have to reapply (as you did the first time), and therefore start the whole process again (enrolment in a school, an extension for your OSHC insurance, a new GTE, and a visa application).

You will then have to pay for a new visa and an additional fee to extend it ($700 fee).

100% of the student visas we have supervised have been validated and we will do our best to help you submit the most compliant visa application possible.

If the visa is refused, there are 2 options to consider:

  • Appeal the decision with the help of an immigration lawyer.
  • Leave the country within 28 days of the refusal.

The post-graduate visa is an 18-month visa, which is granted to anyone who has studied for at least 92 weeks in the higher education sector and has been in Australia for at least 16 months.

You must be under 50 years of age and the visa costs +/- AUD 1650. This visa can only be granted once.

More information on website of official immigration.

Studying in Australia will not automatically give you permanent residence. However, some qualifications will make it easier for you to be eligible, such as qualifications in the health, education and teaching sectors, automotive, etc...

Various conditions must be met to be granted permanent residence.

We recommend that you consult a lawyer specializing in immigration law.

Being accompanied by an education officer will make your life easier and will facilitate the administrative procedures. Our services are completely free of charge as we are paid by the schools.

We aim to offer our clients a 5-star service.
After an initial interview, we will suggest schools that meet your needs until you select your school.

Nous souhaitons offrir à nos clients un service 5 étoiles.

We will then help you with the school application process until the COE is issued to you.
Finally, we will advise you on writing your GTE and booking your OSHC.

As an education agent, we receive discounts from our partners, and only our students can benefit from them.

We have more than 3 years of experience both onshore and offshore with students of different nationalities, and we speak several languages (French, English, Dutch...)

Our agency provides personalized services, and we want to be as available as possible.

PS1: Because we want to offer you a quality service, Manon MADI (founder of the agency) followed a training course to become a qualified education agent, and she is now a QEAC from PIER. She appears on the official website of education agents. A proof of trust and professionalism!

PS2: In addition, we are a team of young (30 years old, is it young ?!) entrepreneurs so we will also appreciate your support!

contact us quickly!

It’s free, without obligation and we will answer you in 24 hours

Your email address(Required)
With area code if possible because we will contact you on WhatsApp.
Tell us more about your project