Student Visa

study in Australia

Studying in Australia is an excellent way to improve and master your English, upgrade your skills and employability, and also extend your stay in Australia. The student visa is the best solution for the 31 yo +, or for those who want to pursue their studies in Australia.

Studies are divided into 3 categories:

ELICOS (English courses with General English, Prepa IELTS, Cambridge, EAP, PET…)

Vocational courses 

Higher Education (Bachelor, Master, PhD)

A 3 months course is the minimum required to apply for a student visa.

The student visa in 4 steps:

1st step: With the help of your education agent, find the course and the school you like. Fill out the application form and attach all the required documents.

The school will send a Letter Of Offer that you will need to sign. You will also pay your first tuition fee, the enrolment and material fees.

Once the payment is received, your agent will receive your Confirmation Of Enrolment (e-COE).

2nd step: You have to write a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). This is a letter of motivation that shows the government you are genuinely interested in your future studies. It is THE most important document of your application. Make sure you get it done right!

3rd step: Book your Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC). It is compulsory and must cover you for the entire duration of your studies + 2 months if you study for a minimum of 10 months. 

Important: If your course ends in November or December, the government will grant you a visa until the 15th of March of the next year if you book your OSHC until the 15th of March.

Make sure to check the end date written on your e-COE.

Last step: Apply for your visa. You need to log in to the official government website, fill out the 28 pages, make the payment of 606$ and submit your application. An extra fee of 700$ applies if your current visa was submitted from Australia.

study in Australia
study in Australia

Things to know: 

  1. Doing it through an agent will make your life easier, so you don’t have to worry about any info missing on your application, or some details being wrong. Their services are FREE.
  2. You can work 40 hours per fortnight. Students usually split those hours up and work 20 hours per week.
  3. During the school breaks, you can work full-time.
  4. If you put your partner on your visa, he/she can only work 40 hours per fortnight, even if you are on holiday.
  5. If you study a Master’s degree, your partner can work full-time, at any time.
  6. As soon as your visa is granted, you cannot work before the beginning of your course.


study in Australia

During the entire process (school’s enrolment, insurance booking, GTE writing and visa application), I help you for free.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment