study in Australia

Studying in Australia is a great way to improve your English, improve your employability, and also extend your stay in Australia. Student Visa is the ideal solution for anyone over the age of 18 wishing to continue or resume their studies in Australia. Please note that the Australian education system is very different from ours in France.

Initially, the studies are divided into 3 “categories”:

ELICOS (English courses)
Vocational Education Training
Higher Education (Bachelor, Master, PhD)

Studying in Australia, what are the steps?

study in Australia

1st step: If you want to study in Australia with the help of your education agent, find the right course and school. Complete the registration form and return the requested documents. The school will then send you a quote that you must return signed if you accept, along with a partial payment of the fees.
You will receive a confirmation of enrollment (e-COE) which means that you are officially enrolled in the school.

2nd step: draft the “Genuine Temporary Entrant” (GTE). This is a cover letter addressed to the Australian government intended to demonstrate your sincerity and motivation to come and study in their country. This is the most important point of applying for a student visa. Don’t neglect it!

3rd step: book your OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) health insurance. It is compulsory and must cover you for the total duration of your studies + the number of additional months granted by the government. If you study for 10 months or more, the government will offer you 2 additional months on your visa. Also, if your courses end in November or December, the government will grant you your visa until March 15th of the following year.

Last step: apply for your visa. Log on to the official Australian government website, fill out the 28 pages of information, and pay the 620AU$.

study in Australia

To study in Australia, I advise you to use the services of an education agent. Specialized in the field of studies in Australia, they work with 98% of Australian schools and universities and benefit from special prices.

In addition, their services are free. Also, know that most of them work with immigration lawyers to provide you with personalized advice if your plan is to move to Australia.

study in Australia

Studying in Australia, what you need to know:

  • While on a student visa, you will be able to work 40 hours every two weeks during your classes, and full time during your school holidays.
  • If you put your partner on your visa, he/she will be limited to 40 hours every two weeks, even during your school holidays.
  • If you are studying for a Masters degree, your partner will be able to work full time, all the time.
  • Once your visa is accepted, you will not be able to work before the start of your courses.
study in Australia


It's free, without obligation and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Post comment